Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 13, 2011 Pray With Expectations

Pray with Expectation
Read Genesis 24-25

Gen 24:49 and I bowed down and worshiped the LORD. I praised the LORD, the God of my master Abraham, who had led me on the right road to get the granddaughter of my master’s brother for his son.

THIS IS one of my favorite bible stories and chapters. Abraham sends his servant to find a wife for Isaac. The servant has expectations of what the future bride will say and do. He has expectations in Jehovah, God the Provider, and he goes on his journey to see God answer his prayers.
This faithful, simple servant, whose name we don’t know, is a great model for our Christian life today. Too often we pray like this: “God, help me if you will. I hope things will work out.” But this scripture tells us to pray like this: (Gen 24:12) “O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.”
Do you hear the expectation? Do you hear the trust? Do you hear the worship? The servant was going to a place he had never been to meet a family he had never known to find a wife for Isaac. Into uncertainty, the servant walks with faith in a God, whom he has seen make good on his promises to Abraham.
It is certain Abraham’s servants saw Abraham’s faith journey and saw God, the Provider, care for their master. And now, given a seemingly impossible task, the servant follows the same faith path.
Trust God as this faithful servant did. Then worship God with praise and thanksgiving so others will see the ways God has provided for you.


Pause and Consider: What huge task is before you? Pray to God as the servant did, and see God’s response to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment