Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 9, 2012 High Expectation

High Expectation Mark 10:49-50 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you.” 50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. YOU’VE had a long day. Worse it’s been a long week. And even worse it’s been a long, long time since you felt any joy or heard any hope in your heart as the Facebook friend who wrote, “I haven’t smiled inside and out for a long time.” Too often dark clouds seem to hover over your soul. You look around to see people enjoying life, loving others and being loved. You don’t have the relationships you’d hoped for, or they have disappeared as loved ones are gone from your life. You wonder, “Why can’t I have what they have?” You feel as an outcast. People talk to you, but no one knows what to really say because you seem so sad. Then one day you hear a voice say, “Jesus is here! Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you.” What? Jesus is calling me? Why would he care about me? I’m a hopeless mess. I’m not loveable. Life is always handing me more heartache than I care to consider. Why would Jesus call me? I’ll tell you why Jesus calls to you. He loves you. I know you’ve heard that before, but listen! Get on your feet. Get out of your sad chair. Move off the couch of despair. Leave your sadness there and come see what the Lord of Life has for you! Who knows, he might give you new eyes to see how wonderful life is when you let him take you by the hand. Pause and consider the Savior beckons you—yes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment