Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 13, 2011 45 Years Faithful

45 Years Faithful
Read Joshua 13-15

Josh 14:9 So on that day Moses swore to me, “The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.”

THE PERSON speaking here is Caleb. He and Joshua were two of the 12 “spies” Moses sent 45 years before this time to check out the Promised Land and to prepare to conquer it. But of the 12 who went, only Joshua and Caleb said, “Let’s go!” The others were afraid of the obstacles they saw.
Caleb and Joshua trusted God. They took their eyes from the impossible and focused their eyes on God’s promises.
Now, 45 years later, Caleb receives his reward. For 45 years he remained faithful. Do you think he ever wondered, “When’s it my turn, Lord? When do I get my reward? When do I get to eat real food instead of the manna? When can I settle down?”
I don’t think he did. He may have. But I think he put God’s ways and God’s time before his own.
It is good when we keep our eyes on God’s promises. And we trust him to deliver in his time.


Pause and Consider: how time is irrelevant without God.

No comments:

Post a Comment