Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 21, 2011 See Your Savior and Rejoice

See Your Savior and Rejoice!
Read Job 19-21

Job 19:20-26 I am nothing but skin and bones; I have escaped with only the skin of my teeth. 21 Have pity on me, my friends, have pity, for the hand of God has struck me. 22 Why do you pursue me as God does? Will you never get enough of my flesh? 23 Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, 24 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! 25 But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. 26 And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God!

I AM AWED at Job’s pain, Job’s agony, Job’s loneliness, Job’s desperation, Job’s isolation, and Job’s sickness.
I am awed at Job’s hope.
“I know my Redeemer lives.” How incredible is that? This is centuries before Jesus! This is the New Testament in the Old Testament. This is the foundation of our lives. Jesus lives. Jesus saves!
Oh, to know this truth in the deepest darkness of our lives changes everything. To know this, we turn from gazing in fear at the empty tomb to see the joyous reality of our risen Lord waiting open-armed to embrace us.
When you see your Savior, the fear goes. Joy blasts its way in, and we have no room for sorrow or pain or fear. We have only room for joy and hope.
Lift up your head today, my friends. Smile and rejoice. Your Redeemer lives!


Pause and Consider: your Redeemer is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment