Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 24, 2011 Come, Lord Jesus!

Come, Lord Jesus!
Read 1 Thessalonians 3-4

1 Thess 4:16-18 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I CAN’T WAIT. I wish it were right now. End of pain, sorrow, worry, fatigue, dieting, finances—an eternal joy with Jesus forever is mine because I trust him as my Lord and Savior!
Does that get you excited? Do you think of this great promise when everything around you seems to be crumbling? I usually don’t. I focus on the trouble and don’t see the triumph. I desire material comfort and neglect Jesus’ promise of eternal joy.
I know. You want life to be good. You want things to be in order and your future secure.
Well it is! All is in order because God is on his throne, and the victory is his. Your future is secure because Jesus conquered death. He is Lord of Heaven and earth.
What else do you want?


Pause and Consider: how earthly life is in order when your heavenly life is secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment