Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 25, 2012 Ignorant

Ignorant Mark 14:63-66 The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” They all condemned him as worthy of death. 65 Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists, and said, “Prophesy!” And the guards took him and beat him. BLASPHEMY is evil, mocking speech against God. The priest tears his clothes to show he separates himself from the sin. Of course, Jesus had not spoken blasphemy. He had spoken the truth. The real blasphemy occurs here in the priests’ and teachers’ litany of evil, mocking speech against the Holy Lord. These ignorant men are digging a deep hole of words that mock God, and one day they will be condemned. It’s odd, isn’t it? These men accuse Jesus of blasphemy. But Jesus is innocent, and they are guilty. Let’s consider why they act in such ignorance. Where do ignorant acts come from? They come from minds empty of the truth. I know you might think the word “ignorant” is a harsh, judgmental word, but often it’s good to have a “wake up” word to get you to think about it. When I consider how ignorant I am regarding Jesus, I am driven to fill more of him into my mind. When I see how the world today is ignorant of Jesus, I mourn the ignorance, and I strive to teach as many as I can. All of our minds are too empty of the knowledge of Jesus Christ. The truth is we must mourn our own ignorance. We must mourn others’ ignorance. Jesus knew ignorance kills. Do you think he mourned his accusers? Pause and consider that you cannot ignore ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment