Monday, December 24, 2012

December 28, 2012 Let Me Care for You

Come and Let Me Care for You Job 5:8-10 “If I were you, I would go to God and present my case to him. 9 He does great things too marvelous to understand. He performs countless miracles. 10 He gives rain for the earth and water for the fields.” IT HAS been an interesting week in ministry. God seems to be moving in hearts to seek him. It seems almost as if people have read these words and said to themselves, “I need help. I need a church. I need to talk to a pastor. I need to know more about Jesus.” I pray that is what is happening. There are so many reasons why people are feeling hopeless frustration, deep anger, imprisoning anxiety, and guilt. They’ve tried a myriad of “solutions” to find ease to their pain. But there is only one solution. Eliphaz is wise to direct Job to the sovereign LORD. Job wants to die. He curses his birth date. He moans for release from his affliction. He’s experiencing all the anguish I listed above and much more. ALL is GONE. Or is it? No, all is not gone. In fact, ALL is waiting for him when he calls on God to say, “I have nothing. You are everything. Can I come to you?” Of course, God will be delighted to say, “Of course you can, Job! I love you. You have lost your family and your wealth. But I am ALL you need. Come here and let me care for you.” It’s True! God offers his ALL to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment