Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 7, 2012 Give It Up

Give It Up Luke 22:5-6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present. WHAT HAPPENS when you want to do something a “little” wrong? I’ve been dieting lately, and today I ate something for breakfast I shouldn’t have. I ate alone when “no crowd was present” and I can get away with it if I choose. But wait! There is evidence in the cupboard. Someone will wonder, “Where are the muffins?” The truth is, I can’t really hide it. The truth is, God sees everything I do. And if this were truly a sin to keep secret, He would certainly know my sin. Judas had something on his conscious. He knew he was acting secretly against his teacher who raised the dead, spoke what people were thinking and calmed the storm. Did he really think Jesus wouldn’t know what he was doing? He must have known Jesus knew. Judas’ conscious was telling him, “You are so wrong, Judas.” But Judas was gripped with deceit for his own purpose. Judas stepped into sin’s darkness. And he never saw Jesus’ light again. Often I talk with people who years ago went to a place their conscious said, “Don’t go.” The forbidden website, the bottle of booze, the cocaine or the lies were wrongs they knew they must avoid. But they went anyway. Now, they can’t escape the sin. People know. Their lives are encased in guilt because they’re too ashamed to go to Jesus, the Light of the world, and say, “Take my sin, Lord, it’s too big for me.” Is that you? Are you feeling shame in your sin? Give up the sin. Then give up the shame. He’s waiting lovingly for you to speak his name. It’s True! You’re guilty. Give it up to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment