Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 28, 2011 Goodbye Shame

Good-bye Shame
Read Ezekiel 16 - 18

Ezekiel 16:62-63 So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the LORD. 63 Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign LORD.’”

YOU SPENT your money foolishly. You are overdrawn at the bank, and the bank president comes to your home. He’s paid this special visit to you for two reasons: He sees you as a very valuable customer, and he wants to be sure you understand how severe your overdraft is.
As he visits with you, he talks to you about his bank helping many people. You’re wondering why he’s doing this. You have often criticized the bank and tried to bend some of its rules before. You’re thinking he’s really going to come down on you and charge you extra fees because of your past relationship with his bank.
But then he says something way off the wall. He is going to pay your overdraft amount to get your account right again. Now, wouldn’t you feel ashamed about your irresponsibility? Wouldn’t you feel ashamed that you had criticized his bank and disobeyed other banking rules?
I think you would. And I think that would be the last time you would speak against the bank. His actions have humbled you, and you are left speechless.
That’s what’s happening here. Israel has a long list of sins. Then God comes and says he will make atonement for them, for all they have done! God will pay for his people’s sin!
They are left humbled and speechless. That’s the way I feel when I consider: Amazing love how can it be That you my King would Die for me?-Chris Tomlin


Pause and Consider: God paid for your sin with his Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment