Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 23, 2011 Give It Up

Give It Up
Read Luke 22 - 23

Luke 22:5-6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

WHAT HAPPENS when you want to do something a “little” wrong? I’ve been dieting lately, and today I ate something for breakfast I shouldn’t have. I ate alone when “no crowd was present” and I can get away with it if I choose.
But wait! There is evidence in the cupboard. Some food is gone that was there yesterday! I’d better hide it. But someone will wonder, “Where are the muffins?” The truth is, I can’t really hide it. The truth is, God sees everything I do. And if this were truly a sin to keep secret, He would still know.
Judas had something on his conscious. He knew he was acting secretly against his teacher who raised the dead, spoke what people were thinking and calmed the storm. Did he really think Jesus wouldn’t know what he was doing?
He must have known Jesus knew. Judas’ conscious was telling him, “You are so wrong, Judas.” But Judas was gripped with deceit for his own purpose. Judas stepped into sin’s darkness. And he never saw Jesus’ light again.
Often I talk with people who years ago went to a place their conscious said, “Don’t go.” But they went anyway. Now, they can’t escape the sin. People know. They feel the pain and the darkness of those steps. Their lives are encased in guilt because they’re too ashamed to go to Jesus, the Light of the world, and say, “Forgive me. I have sinned.”
Please, you never want to go so far you feel too ashamed to come to Jesus’ light. If you do feel that shame—give it up. Let go of the shame and turn to the Name of Jesus. His salvation will release you!


Pause and Consider: how important it is to always do what’s right.

No comments:

Post a Comment