Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 29, 2011 God Sent You Here

God Sent You Here
Read John 8 - 9

John 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.

ARE YOU SENT? Have you ever thought that where you are at a particular moment of any day is because God has sent you there? Do you know you are reading this because God sent you here? Where he sends you can be for your benefit or for others’—and always for His.
For example, you may be in a grocery store, and a mother is having trouble with two toddlers. She could use a hand for a moment to get organized. Do you say, “May I help you?”
What happens when you do help? You give her relief. You are there for a special purpose. God has sent you into that store at that time to be of service to someone in need.
Now you have an opportunity. When she says, “You’re so kind.” You say, “It’s not me. It’s really my Lord Jesus in my life. The Bible tells me Jesus was very kind to people in need, especially women. I simply am doing what he would do. It’s really not me. It’s him.”
Yes, you are sent some place each day to do God’s work. Joyfully go where he sends you, and be a messenger of the great love Jesus showed you as he went to where the Father sent him.


Pause and Consider: how God sent Jesus to an ugly, deadly cross to bring his beautiful life to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment