Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 28 , 2011 Hate or Love Jesus?

Hate or Love Jesus?
Read John 7

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil.

PEOPLE HATE Jesus. And I’m not talking about the “unchurched”. Many who walk into a sanctuary each Sunday hate the Lord of Life.
Ugh. How can I say that? Who am I to judge? Actually, I’m not judging. I’m observing. And I am grieved.
I am grieved because I see people who are too willing to put Jesus aside. I know what that’s like. Oh, yes. I used to “hate” Jesus. I stayed away from his church. I spoke harsh language. I spent no time with him in prayer and in God’s Word. I lusted after things I didn’t have. I saw the world through the lens of “me”. And I tried to fill that empty space in my heart with more work. I thank Jesus he used his church, his people and his Spirit to speak into me, to pray for me and to awaken me into a deep love for him.
Yes, people in the culture and in the church do hate Jesus because he requires specific obedience to his teaching. People reject commitment to Jesus because he commands obedience. People reject his love because loving him back means they have to change their lives. “Don’t tell me how to live.” “I have my own way to heaven.” and other hateful speech, effectually says, “I am Lord of my life. How dare Jesus ask me to change my life to fit his way?”
Let’s pray that we truly love the truth, that we give up the “I” way to make way for Him, that we love the Lord Jesus. After all, he has invited us into his truth for all eternity.


Pause and Consider: how your lifestyle or your words may be “hate” speech against Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment