Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 3, 2013 Tell the Kids

Read Psalm 78 Tell the Kids Ps 78:4 We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. ON MY library shelf is a book about my father’s side of the family. The book is a collection of stories of ancestors who came from Europe. Paging through, I see how families with different last names, unique talents, and diverse backgrounds come together under the word “relative”. I see my connection through great, great, great grandparents to hundreds of individuals. It’s very cool. I would like to see a similar book for my mother’s side. I love knowing about my family. Stories of who they were and are connect me in some way to each one. The Bible, too, is a rich picture of my connection to a diverse group of people. I am excited to see how I am connected to people all around the world, saints who have gone to Heaven and saints who live on the earth. How wonderful it is to have a common Father. Tell the story of your heavenly Father to your children. They need to hear of his wonderful love and eternal salvation. Hearing these stories and seeing you find joy in your Father will teach your children to have that same joy. They will come to trust him, too, when they know they are connected to him. It’s True! God wrote a book to tell you how personally you are connected to everyone who believes in Jesus as Lord and Savior.  

No comments:

Post a Comment