Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 4, 2013 Teach

Read Psalms 79-83 Teach Psalms 82:3-7 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. 5 “They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.” PARENTS, TEACHERS, what do you do with children? In one word, what would you say is the main thing? My answer, I hope, would be: Teach. You have to teach children, don’t you? You teach them to walk, to say “Thank You.” and to obey what you say. Do you give up when they don’t get it the first time? I hope you don’t. I’m sure you don’t. These verses from Psalm 82 gave me a big wake up. I sometimes get impatient and frustrated with people who are new to Jesus. Even though they hear his word, they still act in their old, “pre-Jesus” ways. Sometimes I am ready and willing to give up on them and turn them over to their weaknesses. Then when I read these verses, I saw “defend” “rescue” “deliver” and “weak”. And I was ashamed of my attitude. I repent of my arrogance. Certainly to God I do some weak and “pre-Jesus” things. I am a weak sinner who needs to be delivered out of my weakness. I need God to teach me and to rescue me. And as I am safe with him, he has called me to be a rescuer for others in darkness as I teach them his Word. “Thank you, God, you’re not like me, ready to give up on me when I don’t get it. Thank you, God, you rescue me each day. May I be a rescuer for you. Amen.” It’s True! You must learn God’s Word, and you must teach God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment