Friday, May 17, 2013

May 18, 2013 God Weeps

Read Hosea 11-12 God Weeps Hosea 11:1-5 “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. 2 But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me. They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images. 3 It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. 4 I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them. 5 "Will they not return to Egypt and will not Assyria rule over them because they refuse to repent?” DO YOU hear God weeping? He mourns the missing son he loves so much. Yes, his son is Israel, 10 tribes of the people He called from Egypt’s awful sin and detestable, deadly idol worship. He’s the Father, who rescues his son from the drug gangs and drunken party. He’s the Father, who stands by his children when they are bullied, brutalized and battered. He gets them away from harm and shows them the place to be safe. But tragically, God is also the Father, who can’t understand why his bruised, brutalized and battered son will sneak out of the house to risk his life with those who want to destroy him. God’s the Father, who repeatedly, lovingly, firmly, says to his son, “Live right. Obey the rules. Be safe. I love you. I love you. I love you. Listen, and I’ll take care of you.” But still the son refuses. “Then go,” the Father says. “Go to your hard life. You must know separation before you truly know that I love you and will always welcome you home when you are willing to come.” It’s True! Too many fathers mourn their lost sons. Pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment