Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 6, 2013 See What's Real

Read Song of Solomon See What’s Real Song of Solomon 1:5-7 Dark am I, yet lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of Solomon. 6 Do not stare at me because I am dark, because I am darkened by the sun. My mother's sons were angry with me and made me take care of the vineyards; my own vineyard I have neglected. 7 Tell me, you whom I love, where you graze your flock and where you rest your sheep at midday. Why should I be like a veiled woman beside the flocks of your friends? SONG OF SOLOMON (also known as the Song of Songs) is a conversation between two people who meet, fall in love and are married. The young woman in this story is from the country. She grew up amid a family of brothers who forced her to care for their vineyard. From the affects of her work and the sun, her skin is dark, and she doesn’t feel very pretty. She’s apologizing for her appearance. She wants to meet up with her beloved and seeks to know where he’ll be. She hopes that he will find her acceptable in his sight. Chapter 1 is a conversation between the two, and you’ll find he is a very encouraging man. And who is the man? He is Solomon, King of Judah. It is thought this woman is the first princes Solomon fell in love with and married before he would later marry to form political alliances. The essence of this chapter is the beginning of a love relationship culminating in marriage. The woman urges Solomon to look past her outer flaws to see her inner beauty. Solomon assures her that he does see her beauty and commits his love to her. It’s True! Love sees no flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment