Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 26, 2014 One More Reminder



One More Reminder
Genesis 46

Gen 46:2 And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, “Jacob! Jacob!” “Here I am,” he replied. 3 “I am God, the God of your father,” he said. “Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. 4 I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again. And Joseph's own hand will close your eyes.”

FOR the third time, God comes to Jacob while Jacob is on a journey. Each of Jacob’s journeys was surrounded with doubts and fears. The first time he was fleeing the wrath of his brother Esau and hoping to find a wife. The second time he was returning home, still afraid of his brother’s wrath and concerned for his family’s safety. Now this third time, he is on a journey into a powerful kingdom.
      And as Jacob wondered, “Is it safe in Egypt?” he would certainly be also wondering “Is it safe with my sons?” After all, his sons had been telling him for years that Joseph was killed by a wild beast. Now they tell him he is alive.
      It’s a terrible thing, isn’t it, to doubt those whom you love and depend on. Thankfully, Jacob can trust his God. God reminded him “I am the God of your father.” with the intent to reaffirm the covenant God had made to Abraham and Isaac. God affirms the covenant is alive and moving forward. Jacob can trust God’s plans are to still raise his family into a great nation.
      In essence, God says, “This is my plan for you. Go ahead. Reunite with Joseph. The rest of your days will be with him. Your suffering is over. You are under my protection.”

LIFE Link: God promise that you are under his protection when you trust him with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment