Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 25, 2014 Mastering Life



Mastering Life

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” 

YOU know what serving two (or more) masters looks like, don’t you? The boss called…gotta go. The pastor wants a special meeting…gotta go. The kids said, “You never take us anywhere!”…gotta go. Jesus called…gotta… “Oh wait, I’ll get back to you, Jesus. I have things to do.”
     Really, that’s no exaggeration, is it? Our desires, our needs and our heart affect what masters us. We commit to so many masters we seldom understand which one takes first place on our daily list. We put out fires on Monday, so we can start new fires on Wednesday. How can we really make Jesus our only Master amid life?
     I almost hate to tell you this, but the way Jesus becomes your sole Master is for you to do some work. I know, you may think I’m telling you to start another fire, but I’m actually offering you a way to burn only the fire of love in your heart for Christ.
     The work I speak of is a process to spend time reflecting on your life and on God’s Word. Asking such questions as, “What are my core values?” and “What is my life’s vision?” helps you to determine God’s purpose for your life. With some work, you will learn to purposefully fan the flames of love for Jesus. The process does take work, but I have seen men labor in a sense of joy and even rest as they begin to douse the fires that don’t matter to embrace a flame of desire to serve their One Master. 

LIFE Link: Master your life through the Master of Life.

(If you’d like more information, please let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment