Sunday, November 9, 2014

November 10, 2104 Drink, Eat



Drink, Eat

Matthew 22:1-6 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come. 4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’ 5 But they paid no attention and went off. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them.”  

GOD formed the church to be a banquet hall for His people to feast on the Word of God. Through the centuries in the words of His Law, the Prophets and the Gospel, God spiritually offered Himself to His chosen people. Jesus said in John 4:14
whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.” and “I am the Bread of Life”. (John 6: 35). One of the most beautiful summaries of this feast is in
     Then feed on Jesus’ words to John in Revelation 21:6-7 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.” (Ladies, “son” here means “intimate child relationship.)
     Why would anyone refuse a king’s invitation to a great banquet? Why would we reject our Lord’s invitation to Himself? The “I AM” God, the “Alpha and Omega” invites you to feast on Him. Say, “Yes!” and go.

LIFE Link: Receive the LORD’s feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment