Thursday, June 30, 2011

July 1, 2011 A Giving Dad

A Giving Dad
Read Isaiah 49 – 53

Isa 49:6 he says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.”

I CAN see a 10-year-old son approaching his father. Earlier, the son had disobeyed his father. The father acted as a loving and just father should. He loved his son enough to teach him right from wrong and to punish him when he did wrong. Now his son comes from his room and says, “I’m sorry.”
The father says, “Welcome back. I forgive you. I love you, and I have something special for you.”
“What’s that, dad?” the son asks.
“I think it’s time for you to have that bike you’ve been wanting. It is my gift to you because you have shown today and other days that when you make mistakes, you are sorry. You show you want to live a life honoring your mother and me. The bike is a way I want to reward your heart that honors and obeys us.”
Isaiah prophesies God would welcome his people home from their punishment in Babylon. The people would repent and long for their Father.
God ultimately restored them to their land. And he gave them an unimaginable gift of honor and love. The Father gave Israel His Son, your Savior.
The Father’s gift comes to us today when we repent and honor his just law. He offers his love and honor through a Savior for all eternity.
Trust the Father’s gift.


Pause and Consider: how God gives so completely to you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment