Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 30, 2011 God's Eternal Purpose

God’s Eternal Purpose
Read Isaiah 45 - 48

Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

LOOK at that last sentence a minute. If your pastor, boss, spouse, child, friend or anyone on earth said that, what would you think? Pompous? Uncaring? Belligerent? Forceful?
Does it irritate you God is so seemingly aloof? Our nature, especially in the United States, is to honor self-determination with such statements as, “You can do anything you desire.” “Nothing’s going to stop me now.” We want to be in control. Why should we trust God with this “arrogant” statement, “My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please”?
In truth, God is warning you, and he is promising you here. This isn’t arrogance when it is the ultimate reality.
What is his purpose? It is to bless your life to be with him in relationship now and forever. In this purpose God must do as he pleases. He must punish wrong. And he must bless right. That is the only way you will see his complete authority over your life.
You might feel uneasy that God has this power. After all, you’re afraid he will punish you if you live any way you please. If you feel that way, that’s good. You are beginning to fear God. Keep feeling this fear that you are accountable to God. When you truly have this fear feeling in your soul, you will want to remove it. The only way you can remove it, is to go to God and say, “Forgive me, Father. I want to turn my purpose to your purpose.” When you do, it will please God to save you. Now, aren’t you glad God’s purpose will stand, and he will do all he pleases?


Pause and Consider: how grateful you are God’s purpose is bigger than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment