Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 9, 2011 Not Me!

Not Me!
Read Proverbs 17 – 19

Prov 19:3 People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord.

YOU’VE probably noticed that our culture is good with the “blame game”. You know, it’s that game we play when we make a mistake. Something bad happens, and we blame someone or something else for our circumstance. Sometimes people blame credit card companies for charging too much interest on their balance. They forget they have chosen to borrow the money from the company to use as they desire.
“Blame” thinking carries into our relationship with God. Time and again I see people struggling with some type of sin in their life. They wonder, “Where’s God? Why doesn’t he care for me?” They have taken his freedom and abused it for their own pleasure. Now they wonder why they have to pay for their errors.
Let’s stop the “blame God game” and let’s become accountable for our actions. If we’re feeling out of touch with God, let’s ask, “What must I do?”
If you’re feeling he doesn’t love you, open your bible to John 1-3 and see how Jesus came to earth to teach and save you. If you’re feeling alone, read Scripture and see the ways God makes himself known through his creation, his people, his Son and his Spirit.
God’s on his throne for you. The bible says he wants to bless you, and he will do so when you say to him, “I’m wrong, Father. Forgive me for my sin. I trust you. I want to hear your voice, feel your touch and know you are my king.”


Pause and Consider: what you need to accept responsibility for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment