Friday, April 13, 2012

April 14, 2012 A Good Prayer

A Good Prayer

Mark 9:23-25 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.” 24 Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” 25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evil spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”

YOU and I are like the boy’s father, aren’t we? We try to believe in all Jesus has for us—his unending love, his forgiveness and his healing to name a few. Especially in times of distress we wonder, “Will Jesus care for me in my need? Where is he for my sick mom, my lost daughter, my broken heart? Do I have the faith he requires of me?
Answering that faith question can challenge you. You have to look into our heart and ask, “What do I believe about Jesus?” You must examine our own lives to determine, “Do I trust the power the Gospel writers so readily demonstrate? Do I have the faith to believe “Everything is possible for him who believes”?
To get to that kind of faith, you must engage in a process of filling your mind with God’s Word, filling your heart with God’s love and praying the prayer the father prayed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
Believe in Jesus to believe he will answer that prayer and grow your faith. He truly wants you to know “Everything is possible for him who believes.” Jesus often scolds his disciples for their lack of faith. But they grew in faith to do the work he needed them to do.
So can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment