Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 29, 2012 Jesus Loved Him

Jesus Loved Him Mark 10:19-21 “You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.’” 20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.” 21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. WHY DO you think God gave to you the Ten Commandments? Do you think it was to restrict you or free you? Do you think it was to dominate you or to love you? When the young man asked Jesus, “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” (Mark 10:17), Jesus responded with 6 of the Ten Commandments to point the man to God’s Law. Jesus’ reference to 6 commandments in no way restricts the rest of the Law. He was simply illustrating the source of Truth and the means to inherit eternal life began with the Law. Then Jesus looks on him and loves him. God giving the Law to his people was a loving act of the God who is love. Love pours forth from God’s Son to the young man as it had poured forth from the Father to Moses and as it pours forth from the Spirit onto you today. See in the Holy Bible that his love pours out onto you, so that you know the answer to the question, “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” God’s answer is clear: “I love you. Obey the commandments I lovingly gave you. Live in the grace and love I offer to you. Believe in me. Truly make me Lord of your life. Do this, and you will have eternal life.” Yes, Jesus loved the man with his answer. Jesus loves you. Listen to him. Pause and consider how knowing the right way is God’s love way.

No comments:

Post a Comment