Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 12, 2012 Doubt

Doubt Mark 16:9-11 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it. “DOUBT” is a negative word to use as we devote some time to our risen Lord. But doubt can be around, can’t it, in those fleeting moments when you wonder, “Is Jesus all who the Scriptures say he is?” I am sure he is. My doubt left years ago. I faithfully believe with all my heart, mind and soul in my risen Savior. But I do not say that boastfully. I say that gratefully, knowing it is only in God’s grace he has revealed that truth to me. Do you have doubt? I hope you read this as a loving question. Mary told the disciples, “Jesus is risen!” but they did not believe her. What would it take for them to, without a doubt, faithfully know in their heart, mind and soul that Jesus is their risen Savior? There would have to be a moment when each person knew the truth for himself. In God’s grace, the Holy Spirit would need to remove the doubt and give to them a true understanding of Jesus. So as you answer my question, “Do you have doubt?” I’d like you to consider if you’ve had that moment of knowing, “Jesus is my Lord.” Do you live free of doubt regarding that truth? If the doubt’s still around, keep seeking Jesus. Pray for the Spirit’s power to reveal the risen Savior to you. Pray the Spirit removes all doubt. Pause and consider a doubt-free life.

No comments:

Post a Comment