Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 27, 2012 Pray for Life

Pray for Life Matthew 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. THERE ARE times when God wants you to make his name known to the world, and there are times when he wants to be with you one-on-one. Sometimes, prayer is a time to be one-on-one with him. When you pray to God and there are no distractions, your mind opens to his reality in your life. Some days as I sit in prayer, sometimes ardent prayer, sometimes quiet prayer waiting on God, I am touched by a deep sense of his presence in my life and at my side. I feel his comfort, encouragement and peace. Sometimes I don’t know what to pray, and he will open my mind to the needs of those in my congregation, my family and my circle of acquaintances. There is fruit in having an intimate talk with God. He is listening, you are speaking. He is speaking, and you are listening. It’s a pure two-way conversation. It is a conversation meant for intimacy and to build trust. It is a time for you to get to know a God who loves you and is seeking after you. He is interested in you. He wants to be at your side. And he is delighted when you invite him to sit down beside you. Make it a habit to get alone with God. Get involved with him. Talk to him. Listen to him. Respond to his love for you and love him back. Being in a “closet” with God can open your world to the bright and glorious future he has for you. It’s True! Jesus gives life advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment