Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 10, 2012 A Talk With God

A Talk with God Job 23: 3-7 If only I knew where to find him; if only I could go to his dwelling! 4 I would state my case before him and fill my mouth with arguments. 5 I would find out what he would answer me, and consider what he would say. 6 Would he oppose me with great power? No, he would not press charges against me.” “LIFE” has really closed in on Job. The Lord has allowed Satan to kill his children, destroy all of his possessions and inflict a hideous disease of boils over his body. Job is certain that if he had a face-to-face conversation with God, he would convince the Lord that he is a good man, undeserving of such terribly difficult circumstances. Do you ever tell God, “I don’t deserve this!” You can’t understand why you deal with so much “junk” in life. “This isn’t what I want!” Surely, if you could have a sit-down conversation with God, he would see what a good person you are and make life right, wouldn’t he? Actually, he wouldn’t, not necessarily. The truth is, (Mark 10:18) “No one is good — except God alone.” Yet, in his love and his mercy God opens his ears to hear you. Jesus teaches his disciples to pray “your will be done”, and God’s Word clearly tells you it is God’s will that forms and shapes events. Because we are not “good” there will be junk in your life. But because God is good, he will remove the junk in his will and in his time when you invite him in to carry it away. You God through those great conversation tools of prayer and worship. The Bible clearly tells you that when you faithfully turn to God, faithfully you will travel through the junk into the Lord’s comfort and strength. It’s True! A heart open to God is a junk-free heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment