Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 14, 2013 Passionate with God

Passionate with God Job 29:1-6 Job continued his discourse: 2 “How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me, 3 when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness! 4 Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house, 5 when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me, 6 when my path was drenched with cream, and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil.” WHAT DO YOU want your life to be? We have here an incredible picture of Job’s life of love for God and his longing to feel God’s love once again. It is also a glorious picture of the kind of relationship God desires to have with you. How do you feel about being God’s own? “Okay?” “Sometimes up, sometimes down.” “Great.” “Awesome.” “Unbelievable!”? I hope it’s of the latter traits. That’s what Job had experienced—and he wants it back. Before Job’s trials, Job’s life with God was very, very good. He desires to again know God is watching over him because God’s wisdom lead Job to do right. He wants to walk out of his darkness into God’s brilliant and true light. Job wants desperately to experience God’s intimate friendship again because, as a great, close friend, God blessed his house. All of this wonderful praise and longing for his God is Job’s way of saying, “I love God with all my heart, my soul and my mind. I want him to love me back.” Job misses God. But in truth, God is right there loving Job. One day Job will stop focusing on his trials and once again see God’s passionate love for him. It’s True! Look past life’s trials, and you will see God’s great love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment