Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 16, 2012 The Highest Value

The Highest Value Job 31:24-28 “If I have put my trust in gold or said to pure gold, ‘You are my security,’ 25 if I have rejoiced over my great wealth, the fortune my hands had gained, 26 if I have regarded the sun in its radiance or the moon moving in splendor, 27 so that my heart was secretly enticed and my hand offered them a kiss of homage, 28 then these also would be sins to be judged, for I would have been unfaithful to God on high.” DO YOU trust gold, or do you trust God? In other words, do you only feel safe when your bank account is secure, and your work is going well? A good job that pays for what you need is necessary and good, of course. God has given work to his people through the ages to experience his blessings and to know his security in that way. Job, though, makes a very important point: the Supreme God must be your security. Job says if he has “offered a kiss of homage” – an act of worship – to his wealth, the sun, the moon, and anything from God, he would be guilty of sin. As Job attempts to understand his suffering, he is attempting to see through God’s eyes how he might have sinned. One of the common sins is putting our wealth above God. In essence it is worshiping what He has created for you, instead of worshiping him as your Creator. Focus on the Creator’s power. Trust Him is your ultimate security because in an uncertain life you can be certain of this: one day you will enter into death, and your wealth will do you no good. You must be secure in God. It’s True! All is worthless compared to your eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment