Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 13, 2012 God's Will

God’s Will Job 27:2-3 “As surely as God lives, who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made me taste bitterness of soul, 3 as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, 4 my lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit.” JOB’S words sound good, don’t they? He says he will not speak in a wrong and deceitful way, even though God denies him justice. But I ask, “Does Job think he’s bigger than God?” I ask because of Job’s words, “who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made me taste bitterness of soul.” Who is Job to declare that God acts unjustly or incorrectly? What does Job know about God’s eternal ways to declare him unjust? After all, Job only sees God from his own life’s perspective. In contrast, God has an eternal view of all life, and he alone can determine how his will is to be done on earth. Yes, Job has suffered beyond his understanding, but even in his suffering he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth that the Lord of the universe is the Lord of his life. If he expects his life to always be good from his own point of view and rejects God’s will for his life, he will be bitter of soul. In contrast, when Job considers eternity, his soul will cheer God, even in sorrow and disease, because the eternal God has Job’s eternal life in his hands. What do you think? Can you allow the Lord to be Lord of your life? Will you rejoice in him and be glad for your eternal life, even if your earthly life faces enormous challenges? It’s True! The eternal God promises to save you from death. Rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment