Monday, December 16, 2013

December 17, 2013 It Was For You



It Was for You

Advent Day 17

Luke 2:12-14 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”

DID you ever wonder why God would have his very own Son born in a manger?
     I’ve been around mangers. They’re dirty. Animals drool into a manger, and who knows what other organisms live there? Why, God, couldn’t you at least have opened a room in the crowded inn for your own Son?
     Actually, you could ask a number of “why questions” about Jesus’ life. Why was he born into lower-class working family? Why did people hate him so? Why did they kill him? Based on the Bible, I believe the Father would reply in this manner:
     “Why, you ask, did I allow my Son to have such a hard birth, life and death? It was all for you, my child. You see, my Son is my gift to you. I wanted to show you how much I love you by sending my Son from Heaven’s glorious existence to the lowliest place on earth. I wanted to show you real humility, so that you would be humble as you would be humbled to know I will do anything to save you.
     “My Son’s life was to show you I am your Father who walks with you everywhere, even when it stinks, even to the death. My Son knows your needs. Trust him, and turn to him. When you do, I will welcome you into my home, into the glory the shepherds saw that night.”

Pause and Consider: God’s gift for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment