Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 14, 2012 True Delight

True Delight 1 Thess 2:8 We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. WHAT are your relationships with people in your church and with people you interact with during the week? Do you love them? “Well,” you reply, “I’m nice to people. I ask them how they are and listen for a bit when they answer. Sometimes I’ll see someone who is sad and ask if I can help.” That’s good. But do you love them? “What do you mean?” you ask. I mean, “Do you love them with a delight in your heart? Do you love them enough to show them you are glad to see them? When they walk into a room or call your name, do you turn to them with joy and find a delight in their presence?” One day a few years ago, I was walking by a building where a lady in the church I was pasturing was working. As I was almost past the building I heard a voice call my name. I turned to see her come out the door and ran over to me just to say hi—and to give me a hug. Wow! Did I ever feel loved in the way Jesus’ loves! In her voice and her attitude was a delight to acknowledge me. Just as you were walking by “his place”, Jesus came out the door and called your name. He put his arms around you. He held you a moment, and said, “I delight in you.” You knew then you had strength to get through the next day as your worries melted into his embrace. It’s True! Jesus delights in you. He wants you to show others you delight in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment