Friday, September 28, 2012

September 29, 2012 Only Jesus

Only Jesus is Worthy Philippians 3:8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have put aside all else, counting it worth less than nothing, in order that I can have Christ A FEW years ago, I was in a local high school, and I had a conversation with a student. Just she and I were in the room. I hadn’t talked to her before. So I asked her name. “Hannah,” she said. I said, “That’s a great name.” Then I related the story in 1 Samuel of Hannah’s desire for a son and her promise to God that if he would give to her a son, she would dedicate her son back to him. And I told her how Hannah kept her promise, that she gave her only son, the most precious thing in her life, completely to God. Why did I tell her that story? Essentially, I wanted this young girl to see herself in God’s eyes, to see herself as a person whom God has honored with the most precious gift he has—His son. I wanted her to take the first step to know Christ Jesus as Lord, to put aside all other things in her life to count them worthless against the greatest treasure of all. That’s what was in Paul’s heart when he wrote this letter. That’s what must be in all of our hearts. You must hold Jesus as most precious. You must put all other things under him and tell the world who your precious our Savior is. Be grateful for your wondrous gift. It is a treasure above all else. Hold onto it for dear life because it is your dear life – forever. It’s True! God gave his Son to you that you would dedicate your life to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment