Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 11, 2013 Be at Peace

Read Psalm 37 Be at Peace Psalms 37:35 I have seen a wicked and ruthless man flourishing like a green tree in its native soil, 36 but he soon passed away and was no more; though I looked for him, he could not be found. 37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace. TAKE a moment to dwell on Psalm 37:37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace. (For you ladies reading this, of course, you can easily substitute “woman” to “man”.) Now, what do you think about your life as compared with this verse? Do you feel your life is at peace? Then you are doing great. I’ll bet you’re a person who has a great relationship with Jesus, aren’t you? After all, Jesus is the one who left his disciples with (John 14:27) Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Note, Jesus words, “I do not give to you as the world gives”. That’s the psalmist’s message. Read through his words, and you’ll see how the psalm encourages you to know that your true peace comes as you are walking with God. The world’s ways of greed, worry and deceit will cause you needless conflict. Focus in on God’s marvelous strength and love for you. Live in his truth, and you will feel his peace in your life. It’s True! Ps 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him … 9 but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment