Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 18, 2013 Lent Day 5

Lent Day 5 The Plot Against Jesus Read John 11: 45-58 John 11:47 So the Pharisees and the chief priests met with the Council and said, “What shall we do? Look at all the miracles this man is performing!” “WHAT shall we do?” I want to reach back through the centuries and shake up these guys! “What shall we do?” Worship him for crying out loud! Love him. Obey him. Experience his miracles in your life! Good grief. The Lord of Life stood before them, and they wondered “What shall we do?” How ignorant can one be? Oh, wait a minute. I was pretty discouraged the other day. Some circumstances occurred that surprised me—shocked me, in fact. And actually the circumstance caused me to mourn over a lost relationship. I didn’t know what to do. I guess I asked the same question the Pharisees asked. I wasn’t sure what to do. My work causes me to spend a good deal of time in the Bible every day. I ponder it and respond to it. I ought to know of God’s miracles, Jesus’ resurrection power and the Holy Spirit’s comfort in a very personal way. But sometimes I don’t trust these things. I don’t trust God cares enough to be involved in my situation. I think I’m in it alone. But I’m not. When I “wake up” spiritually, I’m aware that this work I am about is his work. He reminds me that I need to trust him, I need to celebrate him, and I need to worship him. There is hope the broken relationship will be made new again. The Pharisees had the Lord of Life standing before them. They missed him. Let’s not be like that. Let’s grab hold of him. Let’s worship him, for crying out loud! Pause and Consider: what you will do in response to Jesus’ resurrection power.

No comments:

Post a Comment