Friday, February 1, 2013

February 2, 2013 God Greets You

Read Psalms 20-21 God Bless You Psalms 20:1-4 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. 2 May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. 3 May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. Selah 4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. I’M thinking right now of a greeting card. I’m looking for some words of comfort, encouragement and blessing to give to a friend who’s struggling with the ordinary challenges of life. I’d like him to feel loved and that I understand my desire is for him to have rest and strength to live life well and in joy. Where would I find such a card? Wait a minute! The “card” right here, isn’t it? It’s right there in Psalms 20. Do you see the Lord’s blessing of encouragement and comfort, the words of strength and peace for my friend? “May the Lord answer you, my friend, when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you, my friend. May he send you, my friend, help from the sanctuary and grant you, my friend, support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings, my friend. As I pause a moment, I pray, too, my friend that God gives you the desire of your heart, and he makes all your plans succeed.” What would happen if you gave your friend this greeting card from Heaven? What would happen if you sent this card to someone you may have argued with recently? What would happen if you send it to yourself? Lots of questions…what do you think might be the answers? It’s True! God blesses you with greetings from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment