Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 14, 2013 Great Joy

Read Psalms 43 - 44 Great Joy Psalm 43: 5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. & Psalm 44:2-3 With your hand you drove out the nations and planted our fathers; you crushed the peoples and made our fathers flourish. 3 It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them. I LOVE these 2 psalms. You might easily see why I feel that way about Psalm 44 as it speaks of the majesty and strength of God. But why do I love such words in Psalm 43 as “Why are you downcast, O my soul?” No, I’m not happy to be downcast. I’m actually delighted that I don’t have to be downcast. This verse reminds me of how silly it was for me many years ago to feel discouraged and even depressed. I wasn’t happy with life because I tried to live life without the power of my God to help me. I thought I was stronger than He is. I was unhappy with my life because it was so much less than what I expected and wanted. But when I began to live into the real power of God, the power his “right hand, (his) arm, and the light of (his) face”, I saw how silly and futile it was to live a downcast life. I look back now on that time and think how I wasted energy and time focusing on myself when God’s “right hand” was reaching out ready for me to take hold. It’s True! God will lift up your soul. Grab his hand and go with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment