Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 18, 2013 Friend or Lord?

Read Ephesians 5 Friend or Lord? Eph 5:10 and find out what pleases the Lord. WE MUST stop here. Don’t go anywhere. Sit down. Think about what you want to do today. Think about what your heart is telling you to do today. Is there any conflict? I have conflict. I think about prayer—the Lord wants me to pray, to connect with him. But my heart’s not in it right now, and I put it off until it never happens. The Lord turns my heart to give some money to someone in need, but I make excuses and put it off until it never happens. The Lord wants me to call a friend to check in on his challenge with work. But I make excuses and put it off until it never happens. What’s your Lord telling you? I mean, your LORD. Yes, we call Jesus, “Lord” but say “Later.” or “Not for me, not now, when I get around to it, when I feel like it, when the time’s right, not ever, Lord, Jesus.” The reality in our response is that Jesus really isn’t our “Lord”, is he? He’s simply an adviser, a confidant, a listening ear, and someone who will forgive our sins. We don’t really have to “find out what pleases the Lord” and really do it, do we? A Moment’s Thought: the meaning of “Lord” to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment