Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25, 2013 Inspired

Read Philippians 1:12-14 Inspired I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, 13 so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. 14 And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much bolder to speak the word without fear. WHAT inspires you? For me, it’s easy to think, “Ministry is too hard.” But then I am inspired as I consider friends who prevail for the gospel against great physical and personal challenges. Even more so, I consider Jesus’ ministry for me took him to the cross. My Lord’s great love for me surely inspires me. It is evident Jesus’ love inspires Paul, who has been imprisoned for nearly 5 years when he writes these words. Faithfully he sees his imprisonment as a means to advance the gospel. The whole prison guard knows why he’s there, and Paul certainly has told them the gospel. As he is chained to Roman guards who change shifts every 6 hours, Paul undoubtedly told them of Jesus. The gospel was advanced through the prison guard as some came to faith in Jesus and told their families and friends of the Good News of salvation. Inspiring, isn’t it? As Jesus’ love inspires Paul, his faithful work inspires Roman Christians who struggle to be faithful to Jesus. They see Paul’s joy in his work in prison and they become bolder to tell their families and friends, “Jesus loves you.” Against great odds, the gospel advances. Inspiring, isn’t it? A Moment’s Thought: Does Jesus’ love inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment