Monday, July 22, 2013

July 23, 2013 Certain Future

Read Philippians 1:6-7 Certain Future Phil 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 7 It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. HAVE you ever had anyone encourage you? I’m sure you have. “You can it! Study hard, and you’ll be a teacher, an engineer.” “Practice your shot; you’ll be a great player.” Paul’s letters to the churches he worked to plant, to Timothy and Titus and others are woven with encouragement. Paul knows very well through his own experiences of Jesus’ transforming power in his life that people who faithfully follow Jesus will have a wonderful, life-changing walk with their Lord until the day they meet him face-to-face. “I am sure of this” is a wonderful, “You can do it. You will do it!” encouragement, isn’t it? There is no doubt in Paul’s mind that Christ Jesus will continue his work in those who are faithful to him. Do you believe this for your own life? Are you perhaps feeling “out of practice” as your faith habits have slipped lately? Do you have a sense that you’ll never get to where God wants you to be? Are you even perhaps willing to say, “I give up.” Then stop and know the devil speaks his discouraging, doubt-filled words to turn you away. Your Lord has saved you! His Spirit faithfully empowers you to a true life with him. Stay in there. Keep working toward Jesus. Be faithful, and the Lord will complete what he has started in you. A Moment’s Thought: Yes, he’s begun his work in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment