Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 18, 2013 All Through Him



Philippians 4:10-14

All Through Him

10 I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.  

ONE reason Paul wrote this letter to the church in Philippi is to thank them for the money Epaphroditus had brought to him.
     As he says, “I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me.” it would be easy for us to think that Paul is saying something like this, “Finally you cared for me! I was running out of money.”
     But, this man in Christ has a much more humble attitude. He says these words because he rejoices that Philippi is doing well enough as a church in their offerings to be able to send some to him. He is very clear that he is satisfied with whatever he has. What he has or doesn’t have matters not to him. What matters is, “How are you doing, Philippi? I’m glad you’re doing better.”
     Paul can be content in his circumstances because he truly believes “I can do all things through him who gives me strength.

A Moment’s Thought: Paul’s mind is set on Jesus’ offering of life to him, and he lives in a contented joy.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment