Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 23, 2013 Qualified



Colossians 1:11-13

Qualified

11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son

I’M sitting here in awe of these words. I’ve read the Bible every day for the past 29 years, and ever more and more I am stunned by the power of God’s Word. Our sovereign Lord speaks so clearly of his love, compassion, grace, strength and salvation. He overwhelms us with wonder as we pause to consider, “How could I ever deserve even a tiny gram of what the eternal God has for me?”
     On this day, if you know someone who is hurting for any reason, would you take this scripture to them? Read it to them, or perhaps you could pray for them in this manner: “Father God, may you strengthen my friend with all power, according to your glorious might, that my friend would endure this hard time with patience and even joy, giving thanks to you, Father, because you have qualified my friend to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. Father, you have delivered my friend from the domain of darkness and transferred my friend to the kingdom of your beloved Son, who has redeemed my friend from sin as you have opened your heart to my friend. In Jesus’ name I gratefully pray, Amen.
     You and I are born unqualified to be with God. But graciously God acted. Lovingly Jesus died. Eternally his resurrection raises you from the pit of darkness into his light. Confess. Believe. Get qualified in Jesus. Pray for others to do the same. Live in joy.

A Moment’s Thought: Awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment