Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 12, 2011 Ready to Go

Ready to Go
Read Psalms 62-65

Ps 62:1 Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense

ON THE DAY I write this, I have been waiting for 3 months for God’s next call on my ministry. I’m wondering why it takes so long, where will it be, and when will it happen?
Then I read this. David is waiting for God to rescue him from rebel enemies that threatened his throne. David had to escape to Moab. Thousands of people were uprooted, and David’s life was on the line.
So what’s my problem? Can’t I wait for a few weeks? Why do I need to know now?
Actually, when I think about it, the waiting has been very good. I’ve had a wonderful time with God in his Word of power, hope and joy. I’ve experienced intimate times of prayer with Him. I’m off to see the grandkids tomorrow. I’ve enjoyed very special moments with my wife.
Waiting can be difficult in the human way—joyful in the spiritual way. Waiting can be a great time of getting closer to God. And when you’re closer to God, you’re always closer to those around you. Waiting in God prepares you for the next thing God has prepared for you to do.
I’m glad for the waiting this summer. It really has been a time of growing, and now I’m ready to go where he leads me.


Pause and Consider: how restful waiting can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment