Monday, May 16, 2011

May 17 , 2011 Teach

Teach
Read Psalms 82-86

Psalms 82:3-7 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. 5 “They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.”

PARENTS, TEACHERS, what do you do with children? In one word, what would you say is the main thing? My answer would be: Teach.
You have to teach children, don’t you. You teach them to walk, to say “Thank You.” to obey what you say. And you teach them so much more.
Do you give up when they don’t get it the first time? I hope you don’t. I’m sure you don’t.
These verses from Psalm 82 gave me a big wake up. I was really angry with some people today. They are new to Jesus, and they still do some really dumb things. I was ready to give up on them, turn them over to their weakness.
Then I read these verses. I saw “defend” “rescue” “deliver” and “weak”. And I was ashamed of my attitude. And I repent of my arrogance.
Certainly to God I do some dumb things and am a weak sinner who needs to be delivered out of his weakness. I need God to teach me and to rescue me. And as I become safe with him through his teaching, he calls me to be a rescuer for others in darkness.
“Thank you, God, you’re not like me, ready to give up on me when I don’t get it. Thank you, God, you rescue me each day . May I be a rescuer for you.” Amen.


Pause and Consider: someone who makes you angry and see them through God’s eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment