Thursday, May 26, 2011

may 27, 2011 Out of Harm's Way

Out of Harm’s Way
Read Psalms 120 – 121

Ps 121:7-8 The LORD will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

CAN YOU trust this scripture? “The LORD will keep you from all harm”. I do trust it, and I know you can, too. Here’s why. Several years ago a woman walked into my office. She was a wreck physically, spiritually and emotionally. She was a sub-compact smashed by an 18-wheeler. But what happened was no accident.
She had crashed because of choices she had made. Most of it was too much booze, too many useless men and too many excuses. I talked with her periodically, attempted to have her seek God’s Word to change her life, but she didn’t really get it until that one special day.
On that day she walked into my office, and I knew she had changed. She had read something in Scripture. For the first time, God’s Word breathed into her, and she understood it was for her. She knew he loved her and valued her. She really, really knew for the first time that her Creator wanted to protect her from harm.
Step-by-step she cautiously checked out God. When she walked with him, life was good. When she let go of his hand, life was hard. More and more, she clung to his hand. More and more her life became safe from the physical, emotional and relational harm she had encountered. More and more, she was able to feel his soothing touch amid terrible grief.
Yes, you can trust that walking with God will keep you from harm. His way will guide your life to a safe place. You will experience more peace. You will be content in your heart as the world swirls around you. I’ve seen it in myself. I saw it in my friend. I’ve seen it in many others.


Pause and Consider: how God keeps you and your loved ones from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment