Wednesday, May 25, 2011

may 26, 2011 Sorrow is Too Much

Sorrow is Too Much
Read Psalms 119

Ps 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
&
Ps 119:32 I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
&
Ps 119:97 Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.

SORROW comes to us in many forms. A death in the family, relationships ending, job loss, and health loss are a few.
What do we do when sorrow strikes? I’ve seen many people just give up. The loss breaks them down. The weight of grief destroys their energy and sucks up their hope. Sorrow steals their passion and energy. Sorrow clouds their mind and traps them in fear to try again, to live life.
What can we do?
I’ve seen others deal with sorrow with the victory of God’s commands. They know the reality of the psalmist’s prayers: “strengthen me according to your Word” because God’s commands are given to us to “set my heart free”. They read God’s word and see how much he loves them. They rejoice in the hope of the Gospel, and they live in the footsteps of the One who conquered sorrow on the cross.
Are you in sorrow today? Is the loss to heavy to bear? Of course it is. But please know, God has indeed carried it for you. Meditate on God’s word, and find comfort in God’s sorrow over your loss. Go with him, and step-by-step you will feel God take the weight from you.


Pause and Consider: a way you can comfort someone in sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment