Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 4, 2011 Joyful Hope for You

Joyful Hope for You
Read Psalms 25-31

Ps 25:4-5 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

GOD IS everything. “Oh, I know that,” you might say. But I want to challenge you. Do you really know that God is everything?
Someone called today. Lost, depressed, disappointed, she didn’t know what to do. Hope was gone. “What should I do?” she asked.
What she should do is what we all should do: get to know that our God is “my Savior” and our hope is in Him “all day long”.
How do we know this? You will see that hope in God’s Word, beginning to end. There are many difficult stories in Scripture, and it is clear God desires to bring his people into the hope of eternal life. You can hear this in testimony of people in the church who have experienced the God of hope changing their lives. Read the stories from the ages past. Know the stories are true today. And you will know your God has hope for you.
Put your hope in the Creator. From his breath comes the life of the universe. From his hand comes the shape of the planets, the form of the mountains, the depths of the sea—and you. Every marvelous, intricate wonder you are is from God. Why would he not offer his hope to you?
David understood God’s hope in his heart. I pray your heart knows God’s hope, too. Yes, you can trust God’s hope is for you.


Pause and Consider: what will happen when you read the Bible as your own story of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment