Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 23, 2011 A Faithful Father

A Faithful Father
Read Psalms 108-109

Ps 108:3-4 I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. 4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

FAITHFULNESS. What is that? My wife is faithful to me. I see it in many ways. She is faithful to tell me each day that she loves me. She is faithful to drive me where I need to go (My vision isn’t good enough to drive.) She is faithful to encourage my writing, teaching and preaching. She prays for me. She lies down at night with me. She loves our children and grandchildren. She loves my mother. And she tells me when I need to do better.
Faithfulness is a love that enriches another and brings a comfort to one’s heart. I can trust my wife because she is faithful to me.
God is faithful. His Word shows the extremes of his faithfulness to encourage us with the words for the Psalms and Proverbs. We see how he prods ordinary people to do extraordinary things. We see how he stays with his people for generations, loving them even when they do evil. We see his Law to teach good living with Him and with each other. We see his love through his Son, the cross, and the empty Tomb. We see his power today in the Holy Spirit.
The stories of his faithfulness can fill a book. Oh, wait. They do.


Pause and Consider: you can read his faithful story to you every day—even on your “smart phone”.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete