Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 18, 2013 A Life Gift

Read Proverbs 18 A Life Gift Proverbs 18:16 A gift opens the way for the giver and ushers him into the presence of the great. ANOTHER way to say this is, “Do you want to meet an important person? Take him a gift and it will be easy.” How does this relate to biblical living? It seems to be affirming bribery to get you what you want, doesn’t it? In fact, that’s what many biblical commentaries say. But, let’s look at it another way. Who is the greatest of all? Of course, it is the Lord God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and earth, isn’t He? All of us are inferior to the Lord. How is it, then, that we who are inferior can enter into our superior God’s presence? We can return His life gift to us. In other words, God has given to you your physical life. What’s more, He has given to you a Savior, who opens the door to eternal life. Now give your life gift back to him. Go ahead. Tell him, “My life is yours Lord. I give you my life to do with as you desire. I give you my life so that I may feel you presence and know your love. I give you my life to mold and form to your desire. I am willing, Lord, to live under your discipline and truth. My life is dead to me; it is alive in you. Take me, Lord. I’m yours.” Go ahead. Give him your life. He gave you his. It’s True! Your life is God’s gift to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment