Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 5, 2013 Speak Wise Words

Read Proverbs 5 Speak Wise Words Proverbs 5:1-2 My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, 2 that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge. Prov 5:12-14 You will say, "How I hated discipline! How my heart spurned correction! 13 I would not obey my teachers or listen to my instructors. 14 I have come to the brink of utter ruin in the midst of the whole assembly." Prov 5:22-23 The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast. 23 He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly. I HAVE just watched a video in which a young woman spoke of her college years. She confessed to considerable binge drinking and remembering “only half of what happened”. Then she told of how her habits led to a man sexually abusing her. In tears she said, “Oh, God. How did I let this happen?” How did she, indeed? Raised in God’s Word, why did she turn from God’s words? As the wisdom writer says “your lips may preserve knowledge.” he warns you to speak carefully of the good lessons you’ve learned. When you speak wise, moral, life-giving words, you will protect your mind from impure, tempting thoughts. Speaking purity will increase your heart’s strength to resist evil and to refuse destructive habits. You know, don’t you, that when you speak with evil words, gossip and condemnation, your mind and heart take those sins as a wastebasket receives garbage. Swearing, sexual innuendo, cutting words and unfavorable language are cursing words. Say them and cursing will fill you up and open you to the devil’s destruction. Certainly you desire a good life. Then take on the Lord’s good words of life. Know his scripture and use them to speak well to others and to fill yourself with his goodness. Speaking wisdom, you won’t have to say, “O, God. How did I let this happen?” It’s True! Wise words are life words.

No comments:

Post a Comment